Chief Returning Office
OASIS is currently seeking applications for the position of Chief Returning Officer (CRO) for the upcoming election. This is a paid position of a $250 honorarium.
Applications close January 31st at 11:59 pm.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Ability to analyze and clearly interpret the rules and regulations related to the election procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with student governance.
The CRO is responsible for the successful and fair election of the upcoming OASIS elections, held during the 2021 SU Executive elections.
- Ensuring that the election process is organized in a fair, non-partisan manner without bias.
- Strict enforcement of all election rules and guidelines as outlined in SU bylaw.
- Communicate with the SU CRO on using the system.
- Run an all-candidates meeting and familiarize everyone with OASIS election rules.
- Enforce election rules on candidates, especially poster policies.
- Communicate with the CRO of the SU in a timely manner.
- Keep in contact with candidates and announce results in a timely manner.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.